Tips for Hiking the Annapurna CircuitPosted by: Damon Webster | Posted on: August 2, 2022
If you're planning on hiking the Annapurna Circuit, there are a few things you should know before setting out. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your Everest base camp & Annapurna circuit trek:
1. Start early: The earlier you start, the cooler the temperatures will be. This is especially important in the lower elevations, where it can be quite hot during the day.
2. Bring plenty of water: You'll need to drink lots of water to stay hydrated, especially at higher altitudes. Bring at least 3 liters per person per day.
3. Be prepared for altitude sickness.:Altitude sickness is common at high elevations and can be very dangerous if not treated properly. Be sure to acclimatize yourself slowly and watch for symptoms such as headache, nausea, and fatigue. If you start to experience any of these, descend to a lower elevation immediately.
4. Pack light: You'll be doing a lot of walking, so pack light! Only bring what you absolutely need and leave anything extra behind.
5. Don't forget your sunscreen and sunglasses: The sun can be intense at high altitudes, so be sure to protect yourself from UV rays .
The best time of year to hike the Annapurna Circuit depends on what you're looking for in your hike. If you want to avoid the crowds, then March to May or October to November are the best times to go. However, if you don't mind the crowds and want to enjoy the stunning scenery and warmer temperatures, then December to February is the best time to hike the circuit.